On this page:
- 1. General
- 2. License
- 3. Copyright
- 4. Misuse
- 5. Survival
- 6. Third Parties
- 7. Disclaimer
- 8. Limitation of Liability
- 9. Indemnification
- 10. Severability
- 11. Venue
- 12. Contact
- a. IEEE.tv is provided by The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Incorporated ("IEEE") a New York not-for-profit organization with headquarters at 3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, New York, 10016.
- b. Definitions
- An "Authorized User" is a person no younger than 18 years of age that has registered for an account with IEEE.tv.
- "Content" refers to any information uploaded to IEEE.tv by an Authorized User including, but not limited to, any original material to which the Authorized User may be the copyright holder that is authored or shared by an Authorized User in IEEE.tv such as a video, comment, or feedback.
- b. When you use IEEE.tv, we may collect data to make IEEE products and services work for you. This can include:
- Things you search for
- Ads you view
- Your location
- Device information
- Cookie data
- Authorized User agrees and understands that:
- User credentials and access to IEEE.tv is unique to the Authorized User's account. Sharing of either is prohibited;
- Authorized User may not remove or alter the copyright, or other intellectual property, notice of either IEEE or any rights holder;
- Disassembling, decompiling, reverse engineering, or creating a derivative work based on IEEE.tv, in whole or in part, is prohibited.
- Authorized User understands that IEEE.tv is made available at the discretion of IEEE. IEEE reserves the right to change, suspend, or terminate IEEE.tv at any point and for any reason.
- a. IEEE respects the rights of copyright holders. All Authorized Users are required to abide by all terms and conditions that may apply to any, and all, material that is used and shared by an Authorized User in IEEE.tv.
- b. All Content uploaded by the Authorized User is stored at the request of the Authorized User.
- c. Authorized User understands and agrees that IEEE may not review Content prior to inclusion in IEEE.tv.
- d. Except for Content, Authorized User understands and agrees that Authorized User shall have no intellectual property ownership associated with IEEE.tv. IEEE.tv is the exclusive intellectual property of IEEE and its licensors.
- e. By using IEEE.tv, Authorized User indicates, warrants, and represents that they have the full right to use any intellectual property, including but not limited to Content, they have obtained any and all permission necessary prior to use, and that the use of any such intellectual property does not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
IEEE has adopted and implemented a policy that responds to possible violations of intellectual property rights. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide IEEE's Copyright Agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
For notice of claims of copyright infringement on or regarding these sites, IEEE's Copyright Agent can be reached as follows:
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854
Phone: +1 732 562 3966
Fax: +1 732 562 1746
a. IEEE reserves the right to suspend or cancel an Authorized User account, at the sole discretion of IEEE, for any of the following reasons:
- Misrepresentation of information by an Authorized User;
- Violation of intellectual property rights;
- For the protection of IEEE.tv from any threat perceived by IEEE;
- Violation of any IEEE Policies (PDF, 636 KB);
- Engaging in conduct that is illegal, inappropriate, profane, obscene, defamatory, inflammatory, or unethical;
- Use of IEEE.tv to facilitate unauthorized public sharing of Content;
- Engaging in electioneering;
- Engaging in conduct that is intended to harm any other person in any way;
- Attempting to compromise the Authorized User account or privacy of another Authorized User;
- Failing to take reasonable efforts to protect an Authorized User account;
- Use of IEEE.tv to conduct any technology based harm including, but not limited to, distribution of viruses, spyware, adware, malware, unauthorized extraction of data, interruption or disruption of networks or accounts connected to IEEE.tv, or spam;
- In the event IEEE decides to suspend or terminate IEEE.tv.
- Termination of Authorized User’s IEEE.tv account;
- Suspension of Authorized User’s account;
- Termination or suspension of access to certain portions of IEEE.tv;
- Removal of Content;
- Issuance of a notification of violation;
- Proceedings before the IEEE Ethics and Member Conduct Committee;
- Disclosure of Authorized User’s identity to law enforcement or third parties in connection with legal action;
- Legal action;
- Any other action available to protect IEEE, its members, volunteers, employees, agents, subsidiary organizations, etc.
- c. In the event an Authorized User believes their account has been compromised in any way Authorized User should contact email@example.com immediately. IEEE reserves the right to suspend or terminate Authorized User’s account at its own discretion as a result of the investigation IEEE may conduct.
6. Third Parties
- a. IEEE.tv may present links to third party websites and services. Authorized Users understand and agree that IEEE is not responsible for, nor does it have any control over, the content made available at any such links.
- C. Authorized User represents and warrants that they have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to the Content prior to uploading it to IEEE.tv. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes, but is not limited to, all necessary privacy and publicity releases of any individual contained in Content.
IEEE.tv IS PROVIDED TO LICENSEE "AS IS" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS." IEEE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION: (A) THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (B) ANY WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, CURRENCY OR COMPLETENESS OF IEEE.tv , OR THAT AUTHORIZED USER’S USE OF THE LICENSED PRODUCTS WILL BE ERROR-FREE, UNINTERRUPTED, FREE FROM OTHER FAILURES OR WILL MEET AUTHORIZED USER’S REQUIREMENTS; (C) THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. AUTHORIZED USER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE CONTENTS OF IEEE.tv ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE; (D) ANY CONDUCT, CONNECTION, OR COMMUNICATION CREATED AS A RESULT OF INTERACTION WITH OTHER AUTHORIZED USERS.top of page
7. Limitation of Liability
- a. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT POSSIBLE, AUTHORIZED USER ASSUMES ALL LIABILITY FOR USE OF IEEE.tv. IN NO EVENT SHALL IEEE BE LIABLE TO THE AUTHORIZED USER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY TYPE OR MANNER OF COMMERCIAL, BUSINESS OR FINANCIAL LOSS OCCASIONED BY OR RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF IEEE.tv.
- b. IEEE UNDERTAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR, AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM, ANY DEFECTS OR FAILURES IN ANY COMMUNICATIONS LINES, THE INTERNET OR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER, AUTHORIZED USER’S COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, OR ANY OTHER SERVICE OR DEVICE USED TO ACCESS IEEE.tv OR TO AUTHENTICATE ANY USER AS AN AUTHORIZED USER. AUTHORIZED USER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IEEE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION OR DATA CONTAINED IN IEEE.tv AND IEEE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR DATA UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- c. To the extent IEEE.tv contains any third party information, products, or services IEEE expressly disclaims any ownership, liability, or responsibility for the presentation or use of all such content.
Authorized User agrees to indemnify and hold IEEE harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of IEEE.tv, including, but not limited to, breaches of their warranties or representations and the infringement of intellectual property rights.top of page
Comments and questions regarding IEEE.tv can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org of page